Monday, March 29, 2010

The Alterman Gambit Guide



Some might argue that I am bending my ”No more buying opening books longer than a haiku rule” but this title has been on my wanted list for quite some time. The fine chaps on Quality Chess are keen to point out that this is not an advanced book on gambits. Check out the extract and judge for yourself.

A book on gambits for black is also in the pipeline. Yummi!
I will post some first impressions as soon as the book appears in my mailbox and a review later on! Promise!

4 comments:

  1. I'll look forward to your comments, especially about gambits in the Philidor. I wonder if that means the Philidor Counter-gambit f5 ?

    I too am trying to avoid buying any chess books, particularly openings. However, I couldn't resist "Bobby Fischer goes to war" discounted to 5 EUR locally. It is actually not much about chess ( in a technical sense ) but a great view of the match in 1972 in a wider sense.

    I did buy Jan Timman's "Curacao 1962" ( also reduced ! ) but that's a tournament book, so I am OK !!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're indeed OK!

    I was searching for "Bobby Fischer goes to war" but the bookstores in Manchester was a rather sad experience.

    That Timman's book sounds interesting. I have heard a lot of praise for it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete